Hives are itchy rashes that could appear and vanish rapidly, generally within 24 hours. Sometimes hives would resurface at different spots on the skin. They are believed to be chronic if they last for over a month. At times, hives could become more severe and cause inhalation problems. In some cases, individuals who develop hives have a severe allergic reaction which requires medical attention. There are some important hives treatment by which this skin problem can be cured.
Home Remedies for Hives
• An application of cool compression could help to provide some respite from itching and pain of hives. Application of calamine lotion is useful up to a certain extent in hives. This is very helpful, particularly in itching and is one of the good home remedies for hives.
• One of the most vital factors is soothing the nerves as stress makes the hives worse. Drinking peppermint tea calms down the disposition and hives too. You could also try drinking valerian or chamomile tea to soothe your nerves as this would help in healing hives.
• An application of aloe vera is time tested and effective home remedy for hives. You could use the pulp of aloe or a cream comprising aloe on the affected area. This herb has the property to heal skin disease.
• Vitamin E oil is also valuable for healing hives. Apply this oil at least twice a day for better results.
• Consume cayenne pepper capsule that’s available in the market.
• Take 1 tsp of olive or vegetable oil and mix few drops of grapefruit seed extract into this. Apply this mixture over the affected area on the skin. It helps in lessening the itching and healing of the hives.
• Make a paste out of two cups of oatmeal and 3 tsp of cornstarch. Blend it well by adding little water just to make a form of paste. Apply this solution on the affected area for about ½ an hour. This mixture would dry up the hives within a couple of hours.
Hives rash can also be cleared using the above home remedies.